Monday, July 25, 2011

Facebook

I know I've mentioned this before but it definitely needs to be repeated...one should put serious thought into accepting your mom's Facebook friend request. I felt bad since my mom had about 10 friends so I accepted the friend request without putting much thought into my decision. At the time, I didn't realize that every one of my status updates or anything else I post would result in a text and/or telephone conversation discussing the post.

My status: "had a stressful day and can't wait to get home from work"

And the texting begins...

Mom: "why r u stresful?"
Me: "I just had a long day"
Mom: "why? r u ok?"
Me: "Yeah i'm fine. I just had a lot of work and it was just a long day."
Mom: "but why? u r no ok"
Me: "It's just a status, I'm fine"
This was not sufficient information and a phone call followed:

Mom: "What happened?"
Me: "Nothing! I'm just tired"
Mom: "Oh my god, ok I'll call you later"
These conversations take place even after a good status update.

My status: "excited to go out to dinner!"

Mom: "Where r u going?"
Me: "I'm going to dinner with a couple friends"
Mom: "where r u going"
Me: "We haven't decided yet"
Mom: "thanks for invite me!"
I will obviously be changing my privacy settings so that certain people can't view my status updates. That is, until I am asked why I don't ever post anything since her News Feed is doesn't have much.
What I would imagine my mom's reaction is to my status update of me going out to dinner...without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment